Missing MH370: Japan has no problems with Malaysia over search operation


  • Nation
  • Wednesday, 19 Mar 2014

KUALA LUMPUR: Japan has no particular problems with Malaysia over the massive search and rescue (SAR) operation for the missing MH370.

In what is being described by the international media as the most baffling mysteries in modern aviation, Japan’s ambassador-designate to Malaysia Dr Makio Miyagawa has denied that the information given by the Malaysian Government in the SAR operation was uncoordinated.

During a press briefing at the ambassador’s residence here Tuesday, he said that to date, there had been no such impression from the Japanese SAR team members.

“There are 107 officers, comprising members of Japan’s Ministry of Defence and Coast Guard, based at the Subang Airport, and there has been no such problem from the Malaysian Government.

“The Malaysian Government has been cooperating with us, giving us quite a good amount of information, very timely and swiftly. Therefore, we have no particular problems with regard joining this operation,” he added.

To a question on whether Japan would suspend its SAR mission, Miyagawa said Japan would not suspend its cooperative action to assist Malaysia but rather, continue and expand assistance based on the new prevailing circumstances.

He said Japan had refocused its attention to the south east part of Indonesia, located along the line of the southern arch (corridor), but would depend on the latest circumstances and the Malaysian Government’s coordination.

Apart from that, he noted that Japan had not faced any legal hindrances for the SAR mission, with regard to carrying out its search operation in the southeast part of Indonesia.

He also stressed that the Malaysian Government had been doing very well and Japan would offer its continuous support as much as possible and show solidarity with the Government and its people.

Tokyo dispatched a Japan Disaster Relief (JDR) team on March 11, in response to Kuala Lumpur’s request for assistance on the missing MAS MH370 aircraft.

On March 8, the Beijing-bound Boeing 777-200ER aircraft with 227 passengers and 12 crew members went off the radar at 1.30am, about an hour after taking off from the KL International Airport. – Bernama
Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

missing plane , MAS flight , MH370 , Japan , KL ,

   

Next In Nation

Khairy: Premises listed under HIDE are not Covid-19 clusters
Strife brewing in Negri Barisan
GOF seizes 13 cows smuggled from Thailand into Rantau Panjang
Paediatrician strongly denies his voice is on viral audio clip warning of surge in Covid-19 cases
#CucukMYAZ: Sarawakian injects fun into sharing opt-in Covid-19 vaccine experience with viral hashtag
NGO lodges police report over Perak flag flown at half mast at stadium incident
Worried over family's safety, student opts to stay on campus for Raya
Perikatan Youth launches website to help job seekers, especially the youth
MCO 3.0: Cops remind outsiders not to enter Putrajaya for social, recreational activities
Home Ministry: Enforcement of travel SOPs to be intensified, stringent checks on public transportation ahead of Raya

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers