Najib: RM30,000 aid for first-time house buyers under MyHome Scheme


Najib chairing the National Housing Council meeting in Putrajaya on Thursday.

PUTRAJAYA: The Government has set RM30,000 as the maximum financial assistance for the public to purchase low-cost houses under the MyHome Scheme.

Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak said the financial assistance was for houses that were being constructed and new projects. 

"The application will be opened starting April 1," said Najib.

"It is for those with a monthly household income of RM3,000 and buying their first house," he said at a press conference after chairing the National Housing Council first meeting here on Thursday.

Under the programme, qualified applicants could purchase the units at the price defined as low-cost by the respective state government while the balance would be borne by the government.

"For instance, if the price of low-cost houses is fixed at RM40,000 a unit by a state government while the developers have to sell them at RM70,000 each, qualified applicants will be able to buy it at RM40,000 while the balance of RM30,000 will be paid by the government," he added.

He said developers could apply for the programme to a special committee under the Housing and Local Government Ministry.

Once approved, they can advertise the units eligible for the subsidy that will be paid directly to them by the government, he added.

"This will enable prospective buyers to benefit from this scheme, and make it easier for them to get a bank loan as they are already eligible for consideration," he said.

Najib said RM300mil had been allocated for the scheme.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

Next In Nation

Covid-19: About 360 Top Glove employees taken by bus for treatment at hospitals after testing positive
Covid-19: Selangor Zakat Board confirms employee tested positive
GrabFood rider determined to do his job despite being involved in harrowing accident
Eateries, convenience stores in Sabah must still operate until 10pm for now, says Masidi
Local man, foreign woman arrested for allegedly dumping dead baby near mosque
Covid-19: M'sian virologist joins international commission probing coronavirus origins
Covid-19: Four new clusters identified, three come to an end, says Health DG
Cops hunting down snatch thieves following viral video
Six SMK Kuala Besut students win international award for short video
Covid-19: More than 1k cases linked to Teratai cluster, closure of factories will enable thorough screening, says Health DG

Stories You'll Enjoy