Qualcomm says Apple needs to take China iPhone ban seriously


Apple Inc. iPhone XR smartphones sit on display at a SoftBank Group Corp. store in Tokyo, Japan, on Friday, Nov. 2, 2018. Softbank will announce its half-year earnings figures on Nov. 5. Photographer: Kiyoshi Ota/Bloomberg

Qualcomm Inc general counsel Don Rosenberg said Apple Inc needs to take seriously a Chinese court’s ban on the sale of some iPhone models. 

The court order, granted last week after Qualcomm argued that Apple is infringing on its patents, is in force and cannot be circumvented automatically by a software or operating system update as the iPhone maker has claimed, according to Rosenberg. Qualcomm is seeking an extension of the ban to cover the latest models of the phone, he said in an interview on Bloomberg Television. 

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Others Also Read