The first sizable expansion for grand strategy Civilization VI, advance purchases for the first ambitious medieval adventure from Warhorse Studios, and the first Winter Olympics-themed for a snow sports simulation fly high in our round-up of PC download charts for Feb 12.
Adding new nations and leaders, and new features such as Golden Ages (and Dark Ages), goal-oriented alliances and city loyalties, Civilization VI: Rise And Fall arrived Feb 8 as the first major add-on for 2016's turn-based strategy Civilization VI.
It's available for the Windows PC edition of Civ VI, whose base game has also been made available on Mac, Linux, and iOS for iPad.
Following its release it charts in second place on Steam (a de facto first place given the long-running supremacy of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds), fourth on the Humble Store, and second on Fanatical, while GamersGate made good on interest in the franchise with a special offer on an all-in-one package for predecessor Civilization V.
Released Feb 13, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is the debut title from Czech-based Warhorse Studios.
The team's leaders are not exactly inexperienced, best associated with action adventures Mafia: The City Of Lost Heaven and Mafia II as well as military simulations Operation Flashpoint and ArmA, and Kingdom Come: Deliverance has been pitched as an ambitious historical adventure that aims to bring a new level of realism to combat and character progression.
Enthusiasm for the title is evidently strong, as "KC:D" gains a foothold on the Steam top five, nabs second place on Humble, and as an edition free of copy-protection measures in fourth on GOG.
Finally, with the 2018 Olympic Winter Games in full swing in PyeongChang, South Korea, Steep: Road To The Olympics has received a boost following its December 2017 release and a timely discount.
It's an expansion pack for 2016's original mountain sports title Steep, adds Japanese mountains to the Alpine range of Steep, and focuses on the training and qualification process for the Olympic event.
As of Feb 11, sales of PlayerUnknown's Battleground have placed it top of Steam's revenue-based bestseller chart for 46 consecutive weeks.
1. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
2. Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Rise And Fall
3. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Game Of The Year Edition
5. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
*Steam chart based on revenue rather than units.
Humble Store (humblebundle.com/store)
2. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
3. Fallout 4 VR
4. Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Rise And Fall
5. Steep Winter Games Gold Edition
GamersGate EU (gamersgate.com)
1. Dragon Ball FighterZ
2. Dead Island Definitive Collection
3. Dead Island Definitive Edition
4. Sid Meier's Civilization V: The Complete Edition
5. Middle-earth: Shadow Of War
1. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom – The Prince's Edition (pre-order)
2. Sid Meier's Civilization VI: Rise And Fall DLC
3. Press X To Not Die – Special Edition
4. Spotlight Bundle 4
5. Dollar Mystic Bundle
1. Divinity: Original Sin 2
2. Close Combat: Gateway To Caen
3. Close Combat: In The Fog
4. Kingdom Come Deliverance (pre-order)
5. Vampire: The Masquerade – Download
Itchio's Most Popular (itch.io)
1. 3:00 AM at The Krusty Krab
2. A Raven Monologue
3. Devil's Tuning Fork
4. The Golden Tulip
— AFP Relaxnews