SPARKS OF CHANGE


'We believe in the transformative power of art. Through RHB Art with Heart 2023, we aim to inspire our homegrown artists to spark change,' says RHB Banking Group CEO and managing director Mohd Rashid Mohamad.

THE RHB Art with Heart 2023 annual exhibition is back for the fifth year.

Organised by RHB Banking Group, this year’s exhibition – themed Sparks of Change – showcases and celebrates the creativity and diversity of Malaysia’s young, emerging and established artists, as well as neurodivergent and differently-abled talents.

The week-long art exhibition is open to the public from now till Sept 3 (10am-10pm) at the concourse area of Bangsar Shopping Centre in Kuala Lumpur.

The RHB Art with Heart exhibition has grown over the years, as this year’s instalment features the showcase’s most extensive line-up of Malaysia’s young and emerging talents, established figures, and artists with different abilities.

Sixty artists will share their unique perspectives on change, diversity and inclusivity – reflecting the exhibition’s intention to use art to demonstrate its dynamism and transformative potential to spark positive change in Malaysia.

“As a steadfast supporter of the arts, the RHB Art with Heart 2023 exhibition continues RHB Banking Group’s mission of bringing prominence to Malaysia’s rich artistic tapestry and empowering its artists to ignite sparks of change through their creations,” says RHB’s group managing director and group CEO Mohd Rashid Mohamad.

“This year, the exhibition features over 150 captivating pieces of art that offer profound insights into our dynamic world.

“Each piece resonates with the exhibition’s theme and offers visitors a unique glimpse into the artists’ interpretations of change, diversity and inclusivity – values that resonate deeply within RHB.

“As a lead-up to National Day and Malaysia Day, our chosen theme holds even greater significance as it is a tribute to the transformative spirit that propels our nation forward.”

The RHB Art with Heart exhibition is also a channel to do good. Over the past four editions, the exhibition has generated nearly RM1mil in sales, with 80% of the proceeds benefiting artists and the remaining 20% channelled towards various community outreach programmes by the RHB Foundation.

“We believe in the transformative power of art. Through RHB Art with Heart 2023, we aim to inspire our homegrown artists, providing them with sustainable income while fostering a wider appreciation for art’s potential to spark change, especially among the younger generation, to impact our communities positively,” adds Rashid.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
   

Next In Starpicks

Island getaways in Malaysia
Exploring South Korea, the ultimate MICE destination
Exploring academic pathways
KFC was never on the boycott list, says BDS
Panasonic unveils innovative inverter air conditioners
Navigating your post-SPM pathway with Sunway College
DESIGNING FUTURE-FORWARD HOMES
Beat the heat with LG’s energy-saving ArtCool air conditioner
Fostering business excellence at Henley Business School
Unlocking the potential of Industry Revolution 4.0 careers

Others Also Read