Rugby-No formal charges in Curry-Contepomi tunnel incident


Rugby Union - Autumn Internationals - England v Argentina - Allianz Stadium, Twickenham, London, Britain - November 23, 2025 England's Tom Curry clashes with Argentina players after the match Action Images via Reuters/Paul Childs

Dec 5 (Reuters) - No formal sanctions will be issued in the incident where Argentina coach Felipe Contepomi accused England player Tom Curry of hitting him after last month's Autumn Series fixture, organisers Six Nations Rugby said on Friday.

Contepomi told reporters Curry had hit him in the tunnel and called the flanker a bully after a 27-23 loss to England in London.

"On considering all factors leading into and beyond incident, based on the balance of information, and acknowledging a highly charged end to the fixture, no formal sanction will be issued to either party," Six Nations Rugby said in a statement.

"However, this incident will remain on record and should a similar incident by either party occur in future tournaments, the record of this incident will be brought to the attention of the relevant Disciplinary Committee."

(Reporting by Chiranjit Ojha in BengaluruEditing by Christian Radnedge)

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Rugby

Rugby-Hurricanes lock up top spot as Super Rugby playoff picture clears
Rugby-Montpellier lift Challenge Cup as routed Ulster's trophy drought goes on
Rugby-Red hot Chiefs head to Christchurch for Super Rugby final rematch
Rugby-Wallabies flyhalf Lynagh extends deal through 2027 World Cup
Rugby-Borthwick bats off Janse van Rensburg selection criticism
Rugby-Kildunne named personality of the year to cap dream season
Rugby-Tuipulotu, Caluori and Van Rensburg named in England training squad
Rugby-England beat France to win eighth successive women's Six Nations title
Rugby-Former Scotland international Scott Hastings dies
Rugby-All Blacks hopeful Tangitau sidelined for season by Achilles

Others Also Read