THE R&A has released a series of short informative videos online on “how to enjoy a safe return to golf during the COVID-19 pandemic”.
The world governing body said “provided golf is permitted to be played in your country – in line with guidance from government and/or your national golf association – the videos highlight practical advice to make a safe return to the fairways for a global audience.
“With a focus on maintaining social distancing and minimising risk throughout, the visual demonstrations encourage all golfers to pay attention and take responsibility for their own actions before, during and after their round – as well as still having fun!”
The content builds on the R&A’s written resources to provide golfers, golf clubs and greenkeepers with guidance and information to support them with the safe resumption of playing golf during the pandemic.
Presented by George Harper Jnr, the two-minute videos provide actions for golfers across three stages: before golf, when at the course and playing golf. Helpful and entertaining, the footage will be used on the R&A’s social media platforms, as well as the full length version on their website.
Before a round
• Book your tee time in advance online or over the phone, checking the maximum number of players permitted (and households) and travel guidance
• Do not play if you have Covid-19 symptoms or are in high risk groups
• Do not turn up more than 15min prior to your tee time
• Use bathroom facilities before you leave At the course
• Change shoes in car park and be ready to play
• Keep a safe distance of 2m apart from anyone at all times
• Use hand sanitiser before play and go to 1st tee no more than five minutes before tee-off
• Stay clear of green-keeping staff
• Do not touch the pin flags
• Smooth bunkers with your feet or a club
• Do not swap scorecards or equipment.
Did you find this article insightful?