Soccer-Juventus Women's director Braghin to leave at end of season


ROME, May 23 (Reuters) - ⁠Juventus Women's Football director Stefano Braghin ⁠will leave at the end of ‌the season after more than a decade at the Turin-based club, the Serie A side said on ​Saturday.

Braghin, who joined Juventus in ⁠2012 and took ⁠on his current role in 2017, had been "one ⁠of ‌the key architects of the birth and development of the Juventus ⁠Women's Football project", the statement said, ​leading the ‌team to five consecutive Serie A titles.

Under ⁠his leadership, ​Juventus Women established themselves as one of the strongest and most consistent teams in ⁠Italian women's football, becoming a ​dominant force at home and a regular presence in European competitions.

"His decision is regrettable from ⁠a professional and personal perspective but we understand and respect (it)," Juventus Chief Executive Damien Comolli said.

Braghin said contributing to the growth ​of the youth sector ⁠and the creation of the Juventus Women ​project had been "one of ‌the greatest sources of pride" ​in his career.

(Reporting by Giulia Segreti in Rome; editing by Clare Fallon)

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Others Also Read