Soccer-UEFA hands lifetime ban to Czech coach who secretly filmed female players


Soccer Football - Champions League - Draw For Quarter Final, Semi Final and Final - UEFA Headquarters, Nyon, Switzerland - March 15, 2024 General view of the UEFA logo after the draw REUTERS/Denis Balibouse

May 20 (Reuters) - UEFA has ⁠issued a lifetime ban to Petr Vlachovsky, a ⁠Czech women's soccer coach who secretly filmed his players, ‌the governing body announced on Tuesday.

Czech media reported that the coach was convicted in May 2025 and initially received a suspended one-year prison sentence ​and a five-year domestic coaching ban ⁠for filming FC Slovacko'splayers in ⁠changing rooms, the youngest of whom was 17.

In a statement, ⁠UEFA's ‌Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body (CEDB) said it had decided to ban Vlachovsky "from exercising any football-related activity for ⁠life" following the appointment of an Ethics and ​Disciplinary Inspector ‌to investigate allegations of potential misconduct.

"The CEDB further decided ⁠to request ​FIFA to extend the abovementioned ban on a worldwide level and to order the Football Association of the Czech Republic to ⁠revoke Mr. Petr Vlachovsky’s coaching licence," the ​statement added.

FC Slovacko did not immediately respond to an emailed request for comment.

Football players' union FIFPRO welcomed the ban as well ⁠as UEFA's request for world soccer governing body FIFA to impose an international ban on Vlachovsky.

"This outcome sends a strong and necessary message that abusive and inappropriate behaviour has ​no place in football and that safeguarding ⁠the wellbeing of players must remain a priority at every ​level of the game," FIFPRO added ‌in a statement.

Vlachovsky had also previously ​served as coach of the Czech women's Under-19s team.

(Reporting by Aadi Nair in BengaluruEditing by Shri Navaratnam)

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Football

FAM names Qatari officials for Malaysia Cup final
Soccer-Australia defender Matthews exits pre-World Cup camp with injury
Soccer-Tottenham's relegation decider bigger than a trophy, says De Zerbi
New York City hotels reach labour deal before World Cup
Soccer-Guardiola deflects future talk saying no decision has been made after title dreams dashed
Soccer-Spurs still at risk of relegation after 2-1 defeat away to Chelsea
Soccer-Relentless Rice's horsepower propels Arsenal to title
Soccer-Arteta steps out of Guardiola's shadow to deliver Arsenal title
Soccer-Manchester City's title hopes extinguished with draw at Bournemouth
Soccer-Set-piece kings Arsenal trade style for steel to seal Premier League title

Others Also Read