Former Liverpool striker Luis Garcia is JDT's new CEO


Johor Darul Ta’zim (JDT) owner Tunku Ismail Sultan Ibrahim and new CEO Luis Garcia. - JDT Facebook

PETALING JAYA: Former Liverpool striker Luis Garcia will be Johor Darul Ta’zim’s new chief executive officer (CEO) starting April 1.

The Spaniard has replaced Australian Alistair Edwards. Edwards will now be the club's chief operating officer (COO) and technical director.

The hiring of Garcia is expected to strengthen and maximise the expertise of the club management.

JDT was proud to have Gracia in the team and hoped to see more success under the former player with strong credentials.

"The former Barcelona, Liverpool and Atletico Madrid player also holds a UEFA Pro License," said JDT in a statement on Friday (March 21).

"He is also the UEFA Executive Master for International Players in addition to holding ambassador roles for FIFA, UEFA and LaLiga.

"The restructuring also sees Alistair Edwards assuming a dual role of being the club's new Chief Operating Officer (COO) and technical director."

Edwards, the former Australian international, had previously held the positions from 2017 to 2022. He would chart youth development programme and shape the success of the JDT Academy.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Football

Soccer-Arteta dismisses ‘bottlers’ talk amid title wobble
Soccer-Neymar says he may retire by end of 2026
Kuching brace for intense battle with Selangor in race for second spot
Soccer-Crystal Palace fined over provocative fan banner
Soccer-New boss Tudor '100%' certain Tottenham will avoid relegation from Premier League
Soccer-Carrick sidesteps Ratcliffe immigration row, reinforces Man Utd's values
Soccer-City's Guardiola shrugs off tightening title race, saying 12 games is an eternity
Soccer-Bayern boss Kompany blasts Mourinho over Vinicius racism row response
Soccer-MLS in the spotlight in World Cup year as Messi's Miami begin title defence
Soccer-Turkey detains 32 suspects in widening betting probe, prosecutor's office says

Others Also Read