Soccer-Stellini 'ready' to lead Spurs after Conte's exit


FILE PHOTO: Soccer Football - FA Cup - Fifth Round - Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - Bramall Lane, Sheffield, Britain - March 1, 2023 Tottenham Hotspur assistant manager Cristian Stellini looks on during the warm up before the match Action Images via Reuters/Lee Smith

(Reuters) - Tottenham Hotspur's decision to sack Antonio Conte was taken with the Premier League club's best interests at heart, acting head coach Cristian Stellini said on Friday, adding that he is "ready" pick up from where his former boss left off.

Stellini, who stood in for several games earlier this season while Conte was recovering from gallbladder surgery, took over from the Italian until the end of the campaign - with Tottenham in fourth place in the league.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Football

Soccer-MLS in the spotlight in World Cup year as Messi's Miami begin title defence
Soccer-Turkey detains 32 suspects in widening betting probe, prosecutor's office says
Soccer-Perfect start for Pereira as Forest enjoy record win at Fenerbahce
Proud Munoz salutes JDT’s fighting spirit in ACLE triumph
Coach Hazman wants quick response from Terengganu after Malaysia Cup blow
Soccer-Real say they have provided evidence to UEFA to help it investigate Vinicius racism allegation
Soccer-Liverpool’s Slot says football must do more after Vinicius racism allegation
Soccer-Australia coach says Fowler fit to start Women's Asian Cup
Soccer-Marseille appoint former captain Beye as new head coach
Soccer-Bodo/Glimt stun Inter in Champions League playoff first leg

Others Also Read