Cycling-Rebranded Tour of Britain Women to return in June


(Reuters) - The Tour of Britain Women will return in June after last year's edition was called off due to a lack of funding, organisers British Cycling said.

British cycling's governing body took over the event, previously known as The Women's Tour, from former organisers SweetSpot in January, with this summer's race reduced to four stages from the six stages held in the 2019-2022 events.

"There's clearly so much support and fondness for the race, both at home and further afield," former winner Lizzie Deignan said in a statement announcing the host cities on Monday.

"The four stage hosts deserve credit for their commitment to women's racing and for helping to make the race happen, and I'm sure that together we can put on a brilliant show in June."

The Tour of Britain Women will begin on June 6 with Wales hosting the first two stages before the tour moves to Warrington and then concludes in Greater Manchester.

(Reporting by Aadi Nair in Bengaluru; Editing by Peter Rutherford)

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Cycling

Motorcycling-Aprilia's Martin cleared for MotoGP return at Buriram pre-season test
Motorcycling-Adelaide to host MotoGP's first street race from 2027
Darshan cherishes ACC recognition for decades of contribution
Still chasing the fast lane
Darshan receives first ACC presidential award
Rising cycling star Izzah captures Masum honours
Riding on Rocketman again
NSC await Cabinet green light to announce�LTdL�2026
Pocket Rocketman to lead again due to Shah Firdaus' long absence
Motorcycling-MotoGP takes over downtown Kuala Lumpur in glitzy season launch

Others Also Read