AIBA cancels European Forum amid coronavirus fears


(Reuters) - The international boxing federation (AIBA) has cancelled its European forum, which was scheduled to take place in the Italian town of Assisi on Saturday, amid fears over the coronavirus outbreak, AIBA said on Thursday.

Italy has reported over 400 cases of the flu-like virus -- the most in Europe -- after it originated in the Chinese city of Wuhan late last year.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Boxing

Boxing-Pacquiao to face Provodnikov in April return bout
Boxing-Fury says Joshua’s fatal Nigeria crash spurred his decision to return
Boxing-Fury to make comeback at Tottenham Hotspur stadium
Boxing-Khelif says she is open to genetic testing by IOC for 2028 Olympics
Boxing-Poland's former Olympic champion Kasprzyk dies aged 86
Boxing-Stevenson outpoints Lopez to become a four-division world champion
Boxing-Miller loses toupee in hair-raising fight but lands heavyweight win
Boxing-Joshua pays tribute to friends killed in Nigeria crash
Boxing-Fury confirms comeback fight against Makhmudov in April
Boxing-Tyson Fury announces latest comeback from retirement

Others Also Read