The swab test results of all the shuttlers and coaches, including eight from the Road to Tokyo programme, have come back negative.
“It’s good news for us. We will start our court training tomorrow as planned (today),” said the coaching director.
“All athletes followed the two-day quarantine and are in good spirits. Now, the task is to get them back into shape after the long break,” he said.
Shuttlers had been training at home since all badminton tournaments were suspended due to the Covid-19 pandemic after the All-England in Birmingham in March.
If all goes well, their next tournament will be the Taiwan Open in September but the major tournament ahead will be the Thomas-Uber Cup Finals from Oct 3-11 in Aarhus, Denmark.
Did you find this article insightful?
100% readers found this article insightful