Iran says airspace to remain closed until Wednesday afternoon


TEHRAN, June 24 (Xinhua) -- An Iranian spokesman said on Tuesday the country's airspace will remain closed until Wednesday afternoon, according to the semi-official Mehr news agency.

Majid Akhavan, spokesman of the Roads and Urban Development Ministry, said the decision was made in light of the recent developments and to ensure the safety of passengers and flights, noting that the flight suspension would remain in effect until 2:00 p.m. local time (10:30 GMT) on Wednesday.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

Pezeshkian says Iran will not bow to pressure amid US nuclear talks
Ukraine hits Russian ballistic missiles producer in Udmurtia, Kyiv says
India, Brazil sign mining pact as Modi targets $20 billion trade in five years
With tariffs ruling, Supreme Court reasserts its power to check Trump
Exclusive-Cuban security forces exit Venezuela as US pressure mounts
France's Macron calls for calm ahead of march for far-right activist killed last week
Two soldiers, five militants killed in Bannu, Pakistan army says
Ukrainians, scattered across Europe, trapped in limbo by war
Macron says US Supreme Court tariff ruling shows it is good to have counterweights to power in democracies
Analysis-Trump pushes US toward war with Iran as advisers urge focus on economy

Others Also Read