At least seven killed, 20 injured in bombings in South Sudan, MSF says


A fire burns following an aerial bombardment that resulted in casualties at the medical charity Medecins Sans Frontieres run facility destroying the last remaining hospital and pharmacy in the northern town of Old Fangak in Fangak county, South Sudan May 3, 2025. Medecins Sans Frontieres/Handout via REUTERS

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) -At least seven people were killed and 20 injured and the last remaining hospital and pharmacy in the country's Fangak county were destroyed in bombings, medical charity Medecins Sans Frontieres said on Saturday.

MSF said a bomb was dropped on the pharmacy, burning it to the ground and damaging the hospital, followed by another drone bomb on Old Fangak, a town in the Greater Upper Nile region, where at least seven people were killed.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

India, Brazil sign mining pact as Modi targets $20 billion trade in five years
With tariffs ruling, Supreme Court reasserts its power to check Trump
Exclusive-Cuban security forces exit Venezuela as US pressure mounts
France's Macron calls for calm ahead of march for far-right activist killed last week
Two soldiers, five militants killed in Bannu, Pakistan army says
Ukrainians, scattered across Europe, trapped in limbo by war
Macron says US Supreme Court tariff ruling shows it is good to have counterweights to power in democracies
Analysis-Trump pushes US toward war with Iran as advisers urge focus on economy
Trump meets Vietnam leader, vows to remove Hanoi from restricted lists
Analysis-Supreme Court checks Trump's expansive view of executive power

Others Also Read