German Christmas market attack death toll rises to six


FILE PHOTO: A closed stall with signs of damage stands at the 'Alter Markt' Christmas market, where a man drove a car into the crowd through an emergency exit route on Friday evening, in Magdeburg, Germany December 22, 2024. REUTERS/Annegret Hilse/File Photo

BERLIN (Reuters) - A 52-year-old woman has died in hospital from injuries sustained after a man drove his car into a German Christmas market last month, a spokesperson for the local public prosecutor's office said on Monday, bringing the death toll from the attack to six.

The attack on Dec. 20 in the central city of Magdeburg that also left scores injured shocked the country and stirred up tensions over the charged issue of immigration.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

OIC condemns statements by US ambassador to Israel
Trump hikes US global tariff rate to 15%
Australia rejects report it is repatriating families of IS militants from Syrian camp
5 bodies of migrants washed ashore in east of Libya's capital Tripoli, police officer says
Islamic State claims two attacks on Syrian army, announces ‘new phase’ of operations
German duo Nolte/Levi defend Olympic title in 2-woman bobsled
Medal table at Milan-Cortina Winter Olympics on February 21
France captures mixed relay gold to conclude Olympic ski mountaineering debut
Venezuela has received more than 1,550 requests under amnesty law
DHS agent killed US citizen in March 2025, records show

Others Also Read