Israel says Hezbollah rocket kills 12 at football ground, children among dead


JERUSALEM/BEIRUT (Reuters): A rocket attack on a football ground in the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights killed 12 people including children on Saturday, Israeli authorities said, blaming Hezbollah and vowing to inflict a heavy price on the Iran-backed Lebanese group.

Hezbollah denied any responsibility for the strike, the deadliest in Israel or Israeli-annexed territory since the start of the conflict in Gaza.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Hezbollah , Golan Heights , Rocket , Israel , Response

Next In World

Ukraine strikes ballistic missile producer deep inside Russia, Kyiv says
Indonesia president says ready to face all possibilities after US Supreme Court rejects Trump's global tariffs
Pezeshkian says Iran will not bow to pressure amid US nuclear talks
Ukraine hits Russian ballistic missiles producer in Udmurtia, Kyiv says
India, Brazil sign mining pact as Modi targets $20 billion trade in five years
With tariffs ruling, Supreme Court reasserts its power to check Trump
Exclusive-Cuban security forces exit Venezuela as US pressure mounts
France's Macron calls for calm ahead of march for far-right activist killed last week
Two soldiers, five militants killed in Bannu, Pakistan army says
Ukrainians, scattered across Europe, trapped in limbo by war

Others Also Read