Giant pizza chain pulls out of Italian market


ROME, March 23 (Xinhua) -- One of the world's largest pizza chains, the United States-based Domino's Pizza, has formally given up on its aspirations of gaining a foothold in the country that invented pizza.

The company closed its last stores in Rome and Milan last year, and, according to media reports on Thursday, the company's Italian franchise partner, ePizza, has begun the process of liquidating the company's Italian assets in the hope of recovering at least part of the initial investments.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

South Korea protests Japanese event over disputed islands
California avalanche: All nine victim bodies recovered
Two KLM aircraft collide on the ground at Schiphol Airport
Trump says he is sending a hospital ship to Greenland
OIC condemns statements by US ambassador to Israel
Trump hikes US global tariff rate to 15%
Australia rejects report it is repatriating families of IS militants from Syrian camp
5 bodies of migrants washed ashore in east of Libya's capital Tripoli, police officer says
Islamic State claims two attacks on Syrian army, announces ‘new phase’ of operations
German duo Nolte/Levi defend Olympic title in 2-woman bobsled

Others Also Read