More new cases recorded


  • ASEAN+
  • Monday, 03 Feb 2020

BEIJING: Confirmed and suspected infections of the novel coronavirus continued to climb, with most of the increases recorded in Central China’s Hubei province, the centre of the virus outbreak, according to the National Health Commission.On the Chinese mainland, the total number of confirmed cases climbed to 14,380 as of Saturday

at midnight, including 304 deaths, data released by the commission yesterday morning showed.

Hubei province reported 1,921 new cases and 45 new deaths, it said.

There were also 4,562 new suspected cases reported on Saturday, including 2,606 in Hubei, increasing the total suspected infections on the Chinese mainland to 19,544.

While a total of 2,110 patients remained in serious condition, 328 people had been released from hospitals after being cured, the commission said.

A total of 137,594 people who recently had close contact with infected patients were still under medical observation, while 8,044 such people were released from observation on Saturday.

According to the Hubei health commission, the total number of confirmed cases and deaths in the province had reached 9,074 and 294 respectively.

The provincial commission also said a total of 8,565 people sickened by the virus in the province were still hospitalised.

Among them, 1,118 people had serious symptoms and 444 were in critical condition.

Among the 48,571 people that had close contact with infected patients, 43,121 were still under medical observation in the province, it added. — China Daily/ANN

Article type: free
User access status:
   

Across The Star Online