MBI Selangor denies involvement in Bernam Maritime Industrial Park project


SHAH ALAM: Menteri Besar Selangor (Incorporated) (MBI Selangor) has denied any involvement in the organisation, management, ownership, promotion or operation of the Bernam Maritime Industrial Park project and its launch ceremony, as circulated by Bernam Shipyard Holdings Sdn Bhd.

MBI Selangor further clarified that it has never granted any approval, permission or consent for the use of its name, logo, corporate identity or branding materials in relation to the activity.

"MBI Selangor would like to stress that the project, entity and launch ceremony are not connected to, supported by, affiliated with, or representing the company in any capacity.

"MBI Selangor has conducted an initial check with the Sabak Bernam District Council (MDSB) and, based on the information currently available, there is no official confirmation linking MBI Selangor and MDSB to the project or the launch ceremony.

"Therefore, any representation, statement, publication, promotional material or depiction suggesting that the project or launch event has any connection, support, endorsement or association with MBI Selangor is inaccurate, misleading and unauthorised," according to a statement issued on Tuesday (May 19).

MBI Selangor urged all parties involved to immediately cease using its name, logo, branding, or any form of representation suggesting a relationship with the company without proper written consent.

The company said it reserves the right to take any necessary action to protect its corporate identity, reputation and legal interests.

"MBI Selangor views seriously the unauthorised use of its name, logo and branding elements in promotional and publicity materials related to the event and project.

"This unauthorised use could lead to confusion and misunderstanding among stakeholders, investors, government agencies, business partners and the public," the statement said.

Following that, the public, stakeholders and related parties are advised to refer only to official announcements issued through MBI Selangor's official channels. – Bernama

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
MBI Selangor , confusion , approval , reputation , logo

Next In Nation

Housewife charged again over offensive post against King
Wiring faults leading cause of fires involving heritage building in Penang, says Bomba
Penang Pakatan remains open to working with Barisan, says Chow
Barisan to continue maintaining understanding in Unity Govt, says Zambry
Anti-sexual harassment tribunal resolved 69 cases so far this year, says Nancy
Court acquits former Perlis MB's son of RM19,505 false claim charge
Nancy: We are monitoring the sexual harassment case in Sarawak involving police officer
Mindef to strengthen local defence industry, says Khaled
Woman fined RM2,000 for offering sexual services
Malaysia warns regional nations over Norway defence deals after axed RM1bil missile pact

Others Also Read