Armed men stage dramatic raid on KTV


KUALA LUMPUR: A large group of armed masked men who allegedly stormed an entertainment outlet in Taman Shamelin, Cheras, is believed to have links with a secret society.

The incident came to light following a minute-long video that went viral, showing the group charging into the premises.

In the clip, a lorry is seen ramming through the main gate of the KTV outlet before the group entered the compound through the breach. The men were seen carrying objects suspected to be iron rods and wooden sticks as they made their way in.

So far, police have not establi­shed the motive behind the incident.

Several items within the KTV outlet were reported to have been damaged during the incident.

Kuala Lumpur police chief Comm Datuk Fadil Marsus confirmed that the incident was believed to have occurred at about 1.30pm on Sunday.

“We are investigating under Section 427 and 148 of the Penal Code. We are still tracking down the suspects involved,” he said when contacted.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

JPJ to intensify drone use to detect traffic offences over Aidiladha period
PM Anwar holds phone call with Tamil Nadu chief minister Vijay
Onn Hafiz says he was target of sophisticated 'mercenary spyware' attack
Teacher detained to assist probe into sexual assault of schoolboy in Mersing
Debt collector pleads guilty to sexual assault, wrongful confinement and robbery
GSF 2.0: Released Malaysians safe in Istanbul, expected home on Sunday
Reform task force recommends using local firms to advise govt, digitalise more services�
PAS issues gag order on members over party ties issue
Bersama to contest in Pakatan, BN and Perikatan strongholds, says Nik Nazmi
MACC to appeal Singapore dismissal of RM548mil asset restraining order

Others Also Read