PETALING JAYA: Another 20 containers of waste were discovered by the Malaysian Border Control and Protection (AKPS) after inspections at Port Klang.
Port Klang Entry Control Commander Deputy Comm Datuk Nik Ezanee Mohd Faisal said three containers contained e-waste, while 17 containers contained plastic waste.
"All containers had entered the country as early as July 2025 until January 2026. The total weight of the goods is 61,741 kilograms," he said in a statement on Monday (Feb 16).
He added that the e-waste containers will be "re-exported"
"The AKPS will continue inspections on trade containers suspected of carrying prohibited waste.
"We will further strengthen control and enforcement at the nation’s entry points to ensure that border sovereignty and national interests are always safeguarded," he said.
Regarding total inspections, he said 116 containers had been inspected since Jan 26, with 911,000kg of waste and e-waste found during their checks.
