Pahang hit by floods again, one relief centre opened in Raub


KUANTAN: A temporary evacuation centre (PPS) was opened in the Raub district early on Friday (Jan 2) morning to accommodate victims affected by flooding following Sungai Ulu Atok overflowing its banks.

The Raub District Disaster Management Committee Secretariat said that as of 10.22am, a total of 68 victims from 15 families had been evacuated to the PPS at Sekolah Kebangsaan (SK) Ulu Atok, which has been operating since 6am.

"All affected victims have been moved to the nearby PPS,” it said in a statement on Friday.

It said the flooding occurred due to the overflow of Sungai Ulu Atok following continuous heavy rain in the area since Thursday (Jan 1).

"The victims involved are residents who have been affected by floods for the first time in the 2025/2026 monsoon season,” it said. - Bernama

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Anwar takes over Pandan as adopted constituency
Supporters gather in KLIA to welcome Global Sumud Flotilla activists’ return
Shots fired at suspects attempting to ram policemen
Traffic builds up on major highways as holiday travellers return
Malaysian citizen confirmed dead in Philippine building collapse
Bersatu claims PAS failed to work together to resolve Perlis, NS crises
Two killed in road collision near Bagan Serai
We are the moderate brand that gave you votes, Bersatu tells PAS off
Don’t poke into our internal affairs, Bersatu tells PAS
Defence Ministry mulling offers to replace cancelled Norwegian missile deal

Others Also Read