PETALING JAYA: Former Penang deputy chief minister II Dr P. Ramasamy will be charged at the Butterworth Sessions Court with alleged abuse of power on Wednesday (May 14).
Ramasamy's lawyer Shamsher Singh Thind said he would be charged under Section 23(1) of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) Act 2009.
The lawyer said Ramasamy was called in for questioning at 10am on Monday (May 12).
He added that the MACC has not disclosed the details of the charge.
Ramasamy was barred from leaving the country in December last year.
He later voluntarily went to the Penang MACC office and presented himself for questioning on alleged irregularities in the purchase of a chariot by the Penang Hindu Endowment Board (PHEB), of which he was the chairman.
Thank you for your report!
