Akmal Nasrullah claims unofficial Cabang PKR result based on verified data


JOHOR BARU: Akmal Nasrullah Mohd Nasir says his announcement of unofficial results during the party's branch election in Johor Baru was not unusual and was based on internal data collection.

The PKR strategy director was responding to Johor PKR Youth chief Mohamad Taufiq Ismail's official protest and said his announcement relied on data gathered by his team on polling day, gleaned from Form 14 records, voter lists and agents monitoring the process.

"Based on these records, the number of votes for me to be Cabang chief was 949.

"This figure, announced shortly after polls closed, exceeded the simple majority needed and did not include individual votes that could have pushed the total even higher," he said on Sunday (April 27).

However, results released on the official PKR 2025 Election website on Sunday (April 21) s Johor PKR Youth chief Taufiq Ismail had won the Cabang chief post with 709 votes while Akmal Nasrullah garnered 587 votes.

Akmal then said in a post on X on Wednesday (April 23) that he would appeal the result, claiming irregularities.

He claimed all votes recorded by his team had screenshots and signed acknowledgements as proof.

He also said that announcing unofficial results is a common practice in elections, citing the recent Ayer Kuning by-election where the victor was announced as early as 8.30pm, an hour before the Election Commission (EC) released the official result.

Akmal also said that his camp's "get out the vote" operations leader, Stanley Tan Boon Heng, verified the documents obtained by the team.

These included Form 14 records, supporter signatures and screenshots.

Tan also made a statutory declaration (SD) to ensure any evidence he had would be admissible.

Taufiq had earlier filed a formal protest against Akmal for releasing unofficial results ahead of the official announcement by the committee.

He also protested against Tan's statutory declaration.

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Smooth traffic reported on several main highways as at 9.40pm
Health Ministry accelerates efforts to strengthen food safety control to achieve target by 2030
Pahang Sultan, Tengku Ampuan express sadness, sympathy at Trooper Indiran's death
Perak urges use of reusable bags ahead of ban on single-use plastics
Ramadan bazaars: A beloved annual tradition for Malaysians
Bersatu appoints new task force to restructure divisions, wings
Madani govt component parties must strengthen cohesion to realise people's mandate, says Zaliha
US tariff ruling lifts market sentiment, positive for M'sian markets, say economists
Amanah looks at contesting 20 seats in Johor polls, subject to talks within PH, says state party chief
Fire razes 10 houses in Kota Belud, families moved to relief centre

Others Also Read