Putra Heights inferno: No gas detected in pipeline, recovery work deemed safe, say cops


KUALA LUMPUR: The recovery work in the area of the gas pipeline blaze at Jalan Putra Harmoni, Putra Heights, Subang Jaya, is currently safe, as no gas content has been detected in the pipeline, say Asst Comm Wan Azlan Wan Mamat.

The Subang Jaya OCPD said that PETRONAS had conducted an inspection and found that the pipeline did not contain gas.

ALSO READ: Putra Heights inferno: Nearly 10m deep crater formed at gas pipeline fire site, say cops

"The PETRONAS team is still monitoring the gas content in the pipeline, and so far, the pipeline has been found to be empty.

"The Occupational Safety and Health Department (DOSH) is still conducting an investigation to determine the cause of the pipeline explosion, including the integrity of the pipe itself," he told reporters at the Incident Control Post in Subang Jaya on Wednesday (April 2).

ALSO READ: Putra Heights inferno: Residents witness horrifying scenes as cars, motorcycles melt

He mentioned that the authorities will assess the integrity of two more pipelines, whether they are still in good condition or otherwise, starting Thursday (April 3).

Meanwhile, ACP Wan Azlan said no bodies were found during the search operation conducted by the Forensic Unit and the Royal Malaysia Police K9 Unit to detect the possibility of any victims trapped at the incident location.

"We are worried if there are relatives of the residents who were left behind or unable to leave this area. Alhamdulillah, the result of the search for bodies was negative, meaning no bodies were found, and the forensic team has taken soil samples at the location for further study," he added.

On Tuesday (April 1), the Malaysian Fire and Rescue Department director-general Datuk Nor Hisham Mohammad confirmed that a total of 237 houses were affected in the 8.10am blaze on Tuesday.

There are 305 victims, with most of them injured due to burns and inhalation of hot gases. – Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Second boy found drowned, search operation in Keningau ends
Almost RM730mil spent on welfare aid for seniors, OKU, chronically ill this year
Sabah eyes promoting fishing as an international niche sports tourism product
Police issue 75 summonses, seize 31 bikes in anti-illegal racing ops on Second Link
Four nabbed, 3.4 tonnes of cooking oil seized in raid on smuggling ring in Terengganu
Pedestrian killed crossing SPRINT Highway near Damansara toll
Puteri Umno hopes to field candidates in Melaka polls
Suspect nabbed in PJ over allegedly seditious posts
Chukai's Teluk Kalong beach hit by coal pollution again
Dumai and Batam among routes used to smuggle Indonesians into Malaysia, says consulate

Others Also Read