Online implementation of Madani book vouchers will curb leakages, says Education Ministry


GEORGE TOWN: The Education Ministry (MOE) plans to implement the Madani Book Voucher through online methods to curb previous occurrences of leakages.

Deputy Education Minister Wong Kah Woh said the ministry found that students did not purchase books with the vouchers in years before 2018, and instead sold the vouchers at lower prices to obtain cash.

"We know this is a problem and one of the issues of leakage we have, so this time, we will use online methods through the Digital Educational Learning Initiative Malaysia (Delima) platform, where our children can redeem the book vouchers online and make purchases online.

"All book operators have a presence on the Delima platform and Perbadanan Kota Buku (KPM) to sell books to students, and they will be delivered via post, with that we can achieve zero leakages,” he said after attending the Smart Board handover at Sekolah Kebangsaan Batu Lanchang here on Tuesday (Jan 21), where 13 schools received smart boards totalling RM221,000.

He added that the book vouchers would not only inculcate reading habits among students but benefit many other parties, including book authors and publishers, and create a clear economic chain.

The Madani Book Voucher has benefited 3.5 million students throughout the country with redemptions worth RM287mil to buy books as of Dec 31, Wong said.

In a separate matter, he said there were no issues with rejection in the Initial Schooling Aid 2025 distributed last week by any parties, including parents and guardians.

"The ministry has set an important condition, which is to ensure that there are no rejections of the RM150 aid.

"This year, the ministry created history again by channelling RM791mil to all states for the aid, with 100,000 people receiving it,” he said. – Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Man slashes another over parking space dispute in Cheras
Azam gives statement on shareholding issue to special probe panel
Sahur turns tragic as fire razes four homes in Kepala Batas
MACC detains T'ganu exco man in abuse of power probe
All four leaders expected to be at Perikatan Supreme Council meet today
SAR op ongoing for missing angler in Pontian
Miri man duped out of RM230,000 in fake investment scheme
Cops nab smash-and-grab suspect who targeted parked cars at MRT stations
Social media user hauled up over X post insulting Terengganu royal family
Domestic Trade Ministry mobilises 2,400 enforcement officers for Ops Pantau 2026

Others Also Read