Death of four-month-old boy: Nursery in Bandar Saujana Putra ordered to close


SHAH ALAM: A child care centre in Bandar Saujana Putra, Kuala Langat, where a four-month-old baby boy was believed to have died, has been ordered to close.

Selangor Social Welfare Department (JKM) director Azmir Kassim (pic) said the centre was ordered to close on Tuesday (Jan 7) after being informed about the incident by the police on Jan 5.

"JKM went to the nursery on Monday (Jan 6) and ordered it to close operation the following day,” he said when contacted on Thursday (Jan 9).

Based on media reports today, the four-month-old baby boy was believed to have died at the nursery last Friday.

Kuala Langat District Police Chief Supt Mohd Akmalrizal Radzi was reported to have said that the police received a report from a doctor at a clinic in Bandar Saujana Putra at 3.29pm on Jan 3 regarding an unconscious infant who had been brought to the clinic by a daycare caregiver.

He said the police have opened an investigation paper under Section 31(1)(a) of the Child Act, and that statements had been recorded from the nursery’s operator and staff members, but no arrests had been made so far. - Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

MEF backs ministry's push for fully digital foreign worker recruitment
Budget 2027 to focus on cost-of-living issues and attracting investment, says Fahmi
Businessman claims trial to assaulting foreign woman at KL club
Malaysia, Pakistan share diplomatic experiences in resolving conflicts
Budget 2027: Social Welfare Dept seeks more monthly aid for caregivers of bedridden patients
Bersatu "technically" no longer part of Perikatan, says Takiyuddin
Seven areas in Malaysia record unhealthy API readings as of 9am
Govt will not buy out MyKad maker, says NSC
Sim: Lower costs key to cutting foreign labour reliance
Sabah to use more idle and abandoned land for padi cultivation

Others Also Read