Iron used in UPNM cadet abuse case seized, says IGP


KUALA LUMPUR: Police have seized the iron allegedly used in the Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM) cadet abuse case.

Kuala Lumpur police chief Comm Datuk Rusdi Mohd Isa also said that they had recorded statements from 16 people in the course of the investigation.

"As of now, 16 people have had their statements taken. The medical report (on the victim) has yet to be completed," he said on Sunday (Nov 3).

Previously, Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Razarudin Husain confirmed that the 20-year-old victim lodged a report at 8.23pm on Friday (Nov 1).

In a statement on Oct 30, the Armed Forces said it was investigating the case.

A video of the incident went viral, showing a student pressing a hot iron against another's chest.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Former investment bank CEO, two others expected to face charges under MACC Act
Police arrest man who doused woman with petrol, set her on fire
KPDN busts syndicate repackaging subsidised cooking oil as prayer oil
Two KPDN personnel injured during LPG enforcement operation
Cambodia and Malaysia reaffirm army-to-army cooperation
No DAP partnership in Melaka polls or I walk, warns Akmal Saleh
MetMalaysia warns of thunderstorms in seven states until 9pm (Aug 18)
Three foreigners nabbed for burglary
Two nabbed in Kulai for putting up Jalur Gemilang, Johor flag upside down
Former 1MDB CEO denies treating Jho Low ‘as prime minister’

Others Also Read