Partial body of missing boy found at beach in Lahad Datu


KOTA KINABALU: An incomplete body of a missing boy was recovered from a beach in Lahad Datu district on Sunday (Oct 13).

Lahad Datu wildlife officer Silvester Saimin said the boy, 9, was reported missing earlier the same day and was believed to have been attacked by a crocodile at the Sinakut Beach of Felda Sahabat 6.

“The incomplete body was discovered at around 7.45am not far from where the boy was last seen,” he said in a statement.

The boy was on a short getaway with his family, and they had been spending time at the beach swimming and having a picnic before the incident.

Silvester said the boy had been playing with five of his friends and relatives before he went missing.

“We are investigating this incident, and the body has been sent to the Lahad Datu hospital for further action,” he said.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Incomplete , Partial , Body , Crocodile , Attack , Boy , Victim , Missing ,

Next In Nation

My Rider campaign timely move to curb commuting mishaps, says Lee
Perak PKR wants PM to defend Tambun seat, says Mohamad Hairul
Teen killed, one injured in two-vehicle crash in Ayer Tawar
New Act secures pay for legal aid lawyers
T’ganu youth embrace heritage games
Johor forms interim Bersama committee
Beadwork artisan joins ranks of heritage icons
‘A concrete move to support the construction sectors’
‘PAS leadership will decide’
Lorry driver’s fake permit fuel run stopped

Others Also Read