Probe into company will be transparent, says Anwar


KUALA LUMPUR: The investigation into Global Ikhwan Services and Business Holdings (GISB) will be conducted with transparency, says Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim (pic).

The Prime Minister said the government is committed to ensuring that the police conduct a transparent investigation into the company.

“This includes guaranteeing that the 542 children under the age of 18, currently placed in temporary shelters, have access to welfare services, counselling, spiritual guidance and education until the investigations by the police, the religious department and state religious councils and Social Welfare Department are concluded,” he said in a statement yesterday, according to Bernama.

Anwar also urged GISB members and supporters, both domestically and internationally, who are not under investigation to reach out to the authorities.

“This is to resolve any issues they may be encountering,” he added.

In LENGGONG, Perak, Datuk Seri Saarani Mohamad said he will seek an audience with the Sultan of Perak Sultan Nazrin Muizzuddin Shah to present a full report on the activities of GISB in the state.

The Mentri Besar said the report was being prepared by the Perak Islamic Religious Department (JAIPk), Bernama reported.

“I have requested JAIPk to collect information and data for the report to be submitted to Sultan Nazrin, who is also the chairman of the National Council of Islamic Religious Affairs (MKI),” he told reporters after flagging off participants of the Rimba Raid Lenggong 2024 in Kampung Beng yesterday.

Saarani said 55 children had been rescued from charity homes linked to GISB in Perak since Ops Global took off on Sept 11.

In KOTA BARU, four people detained in connection with the ongoing investigation into GISB have had their remand extended for three days.

The extension of the remand order was issued by Magistrate Rais Imran Hamid at the Kota Baru Court Complex yesterday following a police application.

Earlier, all the suspects, aged 15 to 45, arrived at the court complex at 9.20am.

The investigation is being conducted under Section 8(2) of the Printing Presses and Publications Act 1984. Previously, the media reported that the four local men had been remanded for three days starting Sept 25.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

More than 27,000 cattle imported to meet Aidiladha demand
Meticulous to the last detail: Ahmad Izram bids farewell after 32 years in fire service
Melaka SMEs urged to harness multicultural strength amid global headwinds
Experts welcome Child Protection Code but worry over data risks
Our patience has its limit, PAS tells Bersatu
Govt working to extend energy supply until December
‘New Codes a more proactive and preventive approach’
Penang JPJ seizes 51 luxury cars
Time to explore our own backyard
Chelsea-JDT match set to boost Johor tourism�

Others Also Read