GISB probe: Father of victim in viral video of boys being whipped lodges police report


KUALA LUMPUR: The father of a boy seen being whipped in a classroom in a viral video, believed to be linked to the Global Ikhwan Services and Business (GISB) Holdings case, has lodged a police report, says Tan Sri Razarudin Husain.

The Inspector-General of Police said the report was lodged in Kluang, Johor on Monday (Sept 16).

“The father lodged the report after the video went viral.

"He has been separated from his child since 2021,” he told a press conference at Pulapol Kuala Lumpur on Tuesday (Sept 17).

ALSO READ: IGP: Elements of physical, emotional crimes found in kids rescued from care centres

Razarudin also said investigations found that only two of the 20 charity homes linked to GISB Holdings raided during Ops Global on Sept 11 had operating licences from the Welfare Department.

“During phase one of our investigation, we found that only two had licences while the other 18 did not. By right charity homes need permission from the Welfare Department.

“Our investigations also involve other offences," he added.

On the rescued children, he said 149 of them, aged between one and 10, have been sent to shelters under the Welfare Department.

ALSO READ: Nearly 500 statements taken in GISB-linked care centre probe, says IGP

“They have been sent to four shelters... I feel there is no need to disclose their locations.

“A further 243 are still being housed at Pulapol and will be sent to shelters in stages,” he said.

He added that parents who come forward to claim their children must undergo assessment and verification.

“For those with MyKid cards, we will see if the children recognise them.

ALSO READ: Leader denies slavery claims

"We will also work with the Chemistry Department to conduct testing to verify parentage,” he said.

During Ops Global, 402 children between the ages of one and 17 were rescued in a large-scale operation at 20 care homes in Selangor and Negri Sembilan.

Razarudin had said earlier Tuesday that elements of physical and emotional crimes had been detected after health screenings on 392 of those rescued.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Tengku Panglima Perang Pahang visits family of late Trooper Indiran
Govt has improved Armed Forces procurement procedures, says Defence Minister
Beware fake MACC article on scam site posing as The Star
Sabah flood evacuees increase to 4,652 in northern districts
No elements of abuse, bullying found in Trooper Indiran's death, says Khaled
Ex-Bersatu members welcome to join Umno, says Khaled
70-year-old woman swindled out of jewellery in 'pukau' scam
TB outbreak: Mask up at crowded places like Ramadan bazaars, public urged
Public inspection for LRT Mutiara Line extension linking Penang Island, Seberang Perai
12 police personnel suspended over cryptocurrency theft

Others Also Read