Ocean Infinity submits new search proposal for missing MH370


PETALING JAYA: United States-based firm Ocean Infinity has made a presentation on a new search proposal for missing Malaysian Airlines aircraft Flight MH370 to the Transport Minister.

According to the Association for Families of the Passengers and Crew on board MH370 Facebook page, the proposal was on a “No Find, No Fee” basis, which was made to the minister and the ministry's senior officials as well as other government agencies.

"The presentation was well received by the minister and his team," it said on Friday (May 3).

"We wait for the required paperwork to be sorted out and a new contract inked.

ALSO READ: Govt studying Ocean Infinity's proposal to resume search for MH370, says Transport Minister

"MH370 families would like to extend our appreciation to all concerned," it added.

Previously, Ocean Infinity had conducted searches in the Indian Ocean from 2017 until the end of 2018.

Earlier in March, the Texas-based firm also claimed that it found new scientific evidence on the last location of MH370.

MH370, with 227 passengers and 12 crew members disappeared on March 8, 2014, enroute from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
   

Next In Nation

Mentally unsound man nabbed for mum's murder
Teach kids that bullying is wrong, Fadlina urges parents, teachers
Ten-year-old boy drowns while fishing with friends in JB
Sg Bakap polls: Candidates bump into each other during walkabout
Bank manager confirms RM78,800 transfer in Wan Saiful case
Highway concessionaire CEO among eight nabbed for bribery involving projects worth RM1.6bil
Ex-manager held in alleged RM77mil fake contracts case
Energy Efficiency and Conservation Bill passed, with amendment
Dengue cases up slightly in Johor this week
DNB's chief executive officer has yet to be chosen, says Gobind

Others Also Read