Floods: Number of victims drops as of midday, Dec 29


KUALA LUMPUR: The total number of flood victims in Kelantan, Terengganu, Johor, and Pahang has dropped to 22,033 people placed in 92 temporary relief centres as of midday, compared to 23,008 relocated to 103 relief centres earlier in the day.

However, in Pahang, the number of evacuees has slightly increased from 207 people in the morning to 227 people housed at ten relief centres across the affected districts: Bera, Jerantut, Kuantan, Maran, Rompin, and Temerloh.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Scheduled water rationing in Kluang, Pontian ends
Chinese national feared drowned in Langkawi
Make mosques centres of unity, not exclusive domain of any group, says Pahang Sultan
Umno Supreme Working Council to decide on Bersatu members rejoining party, says Ahmad Maslan
3,685 flee homes as floods worsen in Sabah
Border control seizes RM1.9mil in animal products
Elderly woman stabbed by daughter with can opener in Johol
MMEA assures transparent probe into personnel misconduct
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah held nationwide
M’sia eyes stronger ties with new PM

Others Also Read