Floods: Sandakan and Paitan hit, 180 evacuated


KOTA KINABALU: The number of flood victims at temporary evacuation centres in Sabah's eastern Sandakan and northern Paitan rose slightly overnight to 180.

In a statement, the state disaster management committee said that there are 180 people at the four relief centres opened since flooding hit the state on Tuesday (Dec 26) afternoon and added that this is an increase from the original 148.

A total of 36 families had been placed in relief centres in Sandakan while 27 people had been evacuated to a relief centre in the north eastern Paitan sub-district.

Paitan was officially declared flood-hit as of 2pm Tuesday (Dec 26) while Sandakan was declared flood-hit at 3.45pm.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
   

Next In Nation

Chinese tourist drowns while diving off KK
Primary school block in Tawau destroyed in midnight fire
PAS will not join unity government, says Tuan Ibrahim
Early morning storm destroys seven houses in Kubang Pasu
48 houses damaged by storms in Perlis
Skipper of capsized fishing boat found drowned off Tanjung Segenting
Immediate approval for eligible transport providers under SKDS, says Armizan
Malaysia needs to commit to solving Asean's 'Gaza', says former foreign minister
Over 3,000 personnel deployed to prevent profiteering
Helping hand for businesses

Others Also Read