Siti Kasim bomb threat: It's attempted murder, says IGP as cops call in nine witnesses


KUALA LUMPUR: Nine witnesses have been called by the police as the probe into the improvised explosive devices (IED) planted on lawyer Siti Kasim's car continues.

"The police have called nine witnesses to record their statements. CCTV footage has also been obtained.

"We are going through each CCTV recording from places that the victim had informed us of and investigations are still ongoing," City police chief Comm Datuk Mohd Shuhaily Mohd Zain told the media on Monday (July 24) in a text message.

Earlier on Monday (July 24), Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Razarudin Husain was quoted by a Malay news portal as saying that the incident was suspected to be attempted murder.

"The discovery of the bomb shows that it is a serious crime and the threat is akin to an attempted murder," he told Harian Metro.

On July 21, the lawyer discovered the now-confirmed explosives underneath her car as it was being serviced in a workshop in Bangsar.

The police Bomb Squad was dispatched to safely remove the IED, and Brickfields OCPD Asst Comm Amihizam Abdul Shukor told reporters at the scene there that it would be sent in for further analysis.

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

State polls: Selangor will lose out if not under unity govt, says Zahid
State polls: Kota Anggerik voters want better public transport, says PAS candidate
State polls: Umno voters now support Perikatan, says Peja
Intel shows S’gor no longer a Pakatan stronghold, claims Azmin
State polls: Early voters to fulfill their responsibilities on Aug 8
I wasn’t asleep for the past seven months, says Anwar
Penang's new ferry service begins with first passengers
Elon Musk wanted to meet me, says Anwar
Teaching cybersecurity to children
Last call for durian season

Others Also Read