Terengganu's agricultural sector suffers RM47.8mil losses due to floods


KUALA TERENGGANU: The state's agricultural sector suffered RM48.7mil in losses due to the massive floods that hit the state on Dec 18 last year.

State Agriculture, Food Industry, Plantation, Commodity and Rural Development Committee chairman Dr Azman Ibrahim said the figure was the highest in five years, adding that the disaster that struck in February 2022 resulted in losses of about RM2mil.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Commanding officers must declare assets, says Armed Forces chief
JPJ seizes cars, motorcycles, issues 346 notices in late night operation in KL
General worker claims trial to having gun and ammo without a permit
MetMalaysia:Thunderstorm warning across Malaysia until 6pm
KK City Hall plans heritage gallery
Sabah anti-drug convoy flags off in KK, spans until September
New govt policy speeds up bankruptcy discharge for four groups
Border Control Agency foils attempt to smuggle 2.09 tonnes of produce from Thailand
Shamsul Iskandar seeks to move graft trial to High Court
Mother of four fined RM2,500 for prostitution-related offence in Melaka

Others Also Read