No casualties reported after landslide at Banting iron mine, say cops


SHAH ALAM: No casualties were reported after a landslide at an iron ore mine at Labohan Dagang, Banting on Sunday (Sept 4) say the police.

Kuala Langat district police chief Supt Ahmad Ridhwan Mohd Nor @ Saleh said the investigation revealed that an excavator had been buried under the rubble while the driver, a foreigner, managed to escape.

"The police were informed by a worker that the incident occurred at about 1 pm. However, no casualties or injuries were reported,” he said in a statement on Monday (Sept 5) after news of the incident went viral.

Ahmad Ridhwan said that efforts to remove the excavator are underway, and the mining company will lodge a report on Tuesday (Sept 6). - Bernama

Article type: free
User access status:
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

police , video , viral , mine , landslide , Banting , Selangor 

   

Next In Nation

Fire destroys storage facility in Lebuh Victoria, no injuries reported
Malaysian student detained in Egypt released, says Saifuddin
Six youths who performed stunts on motorbikes on BKE arrested
MBJB adds more water pumps to tackle flash flood, says MB
Muda takes criticisms in its stride, says Syed Saddiq
Muhyiddin just using current situation for his own political gain, says Nur Jazlan
Floodwater rose to knee level in less than an hour, says victim
Malaysia supports Bucharest declaration on building better digital future
A stable economy will bring back Malaysian workers, says Saravanan
Aussie man seriously hurt in KL nightclub brawl

Others Also Read