Worker suffers burns after hardware shop catches fire in Kajang


KAJANG: A worker suffered burns to his head and body after a hardware shop caught fire along Jalan Reko here.

Selangor Fire and Rescue Department director Norazam Khamis said they received a call about the incident at 1.08pm on Sunday (July 3).

"We dispatched fire engines and water tankers from the Kajang and Bangi fire stations as well as a fire engine from the Semenyih fire station along with nine firemen,” he said when contacted.

"They arrived at the scene at 1.13pm and found that the storeroom was on fire," added Norazam.

He said firemen managed to rescue a 35-year-old worker who was unconscious, adding that the man suffered burns to his head and body.

"The fire was successfully controlled at 1.32pm and," he said.

Article type: free
User access status:
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

Worker , burns , hardware shop , Kajang , Jalan Reko , fire

   

Next In Nation

Perak Ruler unveil's MIM's new logo at gala dinner in Kuala Lumpur
Fans give Billie Eilish thumbs-up for shopping at Sungei Wang Plaza
Hisham announces LTAT Golden Jubilee special payout to contributors
Fisheries Dept: No poisonous jellyfish sighted in Teluk Nipah beach
Heirs of Sultan Zainal Abidin III seek to revise court's decision over inheritance land
Annuar: Chicken export to be considered only if domestic supply not affected
French boy, 5, dies from jellyfish sting in Pangkor Island
Integra Tower evacuated following bomb threat at KWAP office
MEF: Implementing changes to Employment Act too costly and should be delayed
Declassified LCS report: BNS will have problems servicing loans totalling RM956mil

Others Also Read