High Court grants injunction to stop Jho Low disposing of RM4.52bil in M'sian assets


KUALA LUMPUR: The High Court here has granted an ad interim injunction against fugitive financier Low Taek Jho, or Jho Low, to prevent him from transferring or dissipating his assets in Malaysia amounting to US$1.03bil (RM4.52bil) in a lawsuit filed by 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB) and its subsidiaries.

Lawyer Siva Kumar Kanagasabai, who represented 1MDB, told the press that the ad interim injunction was granted on the same terms as an ex-parte injunction obtained earlier on March 16.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
High Court , Ad Interim Injunction , 1MDB , Jho Low

Next In Nation

Thunderstorms and heavy rain forecast for five states, KL and Putrajaya until 1pm
Awaludin returns for second term as Negri state assembly Speaker
Budget 2027 to focus on raising incomes and boosting national competitiveness, says Amir Hamzah
Klang records unhealthy API reading as of 10am
TH welcomes move to amend Act, committed to strengthening governance
Thunderstorms forecasted for Selangor, Penang, Kedah and Negri until 11am
Easy returns put shoppers at ease
Stop using divisive political rhetoric, leaders urged
Environment pays the price for ‘free returns’ convenience
Ex-1MDB CEO baffled why company dropped suit

Others Also Read