No toll hikes this year, says Works Ministry


KUALA LUMPUR: There will be no toll fare hike this year as the postponement of the toll rate increase, which was implemented throughout 2021, will continue for 2022, says the Works Ministry.

Last year, the government postponed the scheduled toll rate increase for three highways for the period from Jan 1 to Dec 31, and also postponed the toll fare hike for 26 other highways, said the Ministry.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Govt has improved Armed Forces procurement procedures, says Defence Minister
Beware fake MACC article on scam site posing as The Star
Sabah flood evacuees increase to 4,652 in northern districts
No elements of abuse, bullying found in Trooper Indiran's death, says Khaled
Ex-Bersatu members welcome to join Umno, says Khaled
70-year-old woman swindled out of jewellery in 'pukau' scam
TB outbreak: Mask up at crowded places like Ramadan bazaars, public urged
Public inspection for LRT Mutiara Line extension linking Penang Island, Seberang Perai
12 police personnel suspended over cryptocurrency theft
Bill to cap PM’s term at 10 years to be tabled on Monday

Others Also Read