Floods: Death toll at 48, five still missing, says IGP


  • Nation
  • Monday, 27 Dec 2021

KUALA LUMPUR: The death toll due to the floods is at 48 so far, while five people are still missing, says Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Acryl Sani Abdullah Sani.

He said Selangor remained the state with the highest number of deaths, with 25 victims, followed by Pahang (20) and Kelantan (three).

"The victims in Selangor involved 17 men and eight women and in Pahang, the victims were 14 men, four women and two boys,” he said in a statement on Monday (Dec 27).

In Kelantan, the victims were two men and a girl. - Bernama

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

police , deaths , missing , floods , Acryl Sani

   

Next In Nation

Azmin has a tendency to ‘micromanage’, says Amirudin
Muhyiddin should assist MACC to locate son-in-law, says Fahmi
Explain why Kelantan can’t resolve water woes, Anwar asks PAS, Perikatan
Company owners to be charged with fraud in Tawau
Vincent Tan, Berjaya Land file RM200mil suit against Sanusi
Kudat MMEA detains two Filipinos for ferrying controlled items without permit
State polls: Talk about bringing down Federal Govt will not aid economic recovery, says Nik Nazmi
State polls: Don't miss out opportunities for a better life, Zahid tells Kelantan folk
Sanusi sues Saifuddin over REE theft allegations
Ipoh cops on the hunt for car thieves

Others Also Read