About 200 Malaysian Family Squad volunteers involved in post-flood operations in Sepang, Klang, says Rina


  • Nation
  • Sunday, 26 Dec 2021

SEPANG: About 200 Malaysian Family Squad volunteers are involved in post-disaster operations at flood relief centres in Sepang and Klang, says Women, Family and Community Development Minister Datuk Seri Rina Harun.

She said the volunteers had been deployed to five relief centres in the two districts, namely Sekolah Kebangsaan (SK) Salak, Labu Lanjut Village Community Management Council Hall (MPKK), Kampung Gincing MPKK Hall, Sekolah Rendah Agama Pulau Indah and Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Pulau Indah.

"Apart from cleaning schools, the Malaysian Family Squad also helps residents clean their homes," she said after participating in the operations here on Sunday (Dec 26).

The Malaysian Family Squad was launched by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob in October to coordinate all aid delivery mechanisms for people in need throughout the country.

To date, the Malaysian Family Squad led by the Women, Family and Community Development Ministry (KPWKM) had received participation from more than 17,000 volunteers nationwide.

Rina said to ensure the smooth running of post-flood clean-up work, 3,000 volunteers from the squad had been mobilised nationwide, especially in locations badly hit by floods.

The whole-of-society and whole-of-government approach aimed to ensure that the contribution of manpower was channelled to speed up the cleaning work at relief centres, she said.

Meanwhile, SK Salak headmaster Ishak Noh said the school was turned into a flood relief centre that accommodated about 50 families for six days starting Dec 18. - Bernama

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Azmin has a tendency to ‘micromanage’, says Amirudin
Muhyiddin should assist MACC to locate son-in-law, says Fahmi
Explain why Kelantan can’t resolve water woes, Anwar asks PAS, Perikatan
Company owners to be charged with fraud in Tawau
Vincent Tan, Berjaya Land file RM200mil suit against Sanusi
Kudat MMEA detains two Filipinos for ferrying controlled items without permit
State polls: Talk about bringing down Federal Govt will not aid economic recovery, says Nik Nazmi
State polls: Don't miss out opportunities for a better life, Zahid tells Kelantan folk
Sanusi sues Saifuddin over REE theft allegations
Ipoh cops on the hunt for car thieves

Others Also Read