Floods: Death toll rises to eight in Selangor, say police


  • Nation
  • Monday, 20 Dec 2021

HULU LANGAT: Floods that hit various districts in Selangor have claimed eight lives so far, according to Selangor police chief Datuk Arjunaidi Mohamed.

He said four deaths were reported in Shah Alam, Kajang (three) and Sungai Buloh (one).

Meanwhile, Selangor Fire and Rescue Department (JBPM) director Norazam Khamis said the four deaths reported in Shah Alam involved three men who were found drowned in Taman Sri Muda.

He said the body of the first man was found on Saturday (Dec 18), and the others were found on Sunday (Dec 19).

"Another victim, a woman believed to be an Indonesian national, was also found trapped on the upper floor of a house in the area yesterday,” he told a press conference at the Seri Muda JBPM disaster operations control centre here Monday (Dec 20).

As of today, a total of 32,044 flood victims have been accommodated at 162 temporary relief centres in nine districts in Selangor, with Klang district registering the highest number of victims at 18,858 people. - Bernama

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

Arjunaidi Mohamed , Selangor , floods

   

Next In Nation

Azmin has a tendency to ‘micromanage’, says Amirudin
Muhyiddin should assist MACC to locate son-in-law, says Fahmi
Explain why Kelantan can’t resolve water woes, Anwar asks PAS, Perikatan
Company owners to be charged with fraud in Tawau
Vincent Tan, Berjaya Land file RM200mil suit against Sanusi
Kudat MMEA detains two Filipinos for ferrying controlled items without permit
State polls: Talk about bringing down Federal Govt will not aid economic recovery, says Nik Nazmi
State polls: Don't miss out opportunities for a better life, Zahid tells Kelantan folk
Sanusi sues Saifuddin over REE theft allegations
Ipoh cops on the hunt for car thieves

Others Also Read