Health DG: 5,501 new Covid-19 cases on Friday (Nov 26)


KUALA LUMPUR: The number of new Covid-19 cases dropped to 5,501 cases on Friday (Nov 26), after it broke the 6,000 mark on Thursday (Nov 25).

Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said today’s total brought the cumulative number of Covid-19 cases in the country to 2,614,480.

"Out of the total, 5,476 cases were local infections, while the remaining 25 were import cases,” he said in a statement here today.

Dr Noor Hisham said 5,423 cases, or 98.6% were categories one and two, while the remaining 78 cases, or 1.4%, were categories three, four and five.

There were 6,664 recoveries today, bringing the total number of recoveries to 2,516,693.

There are 455 cases requiring intensive care treatment, with 167 of them requiring breathing support, he said.

Also, Dr Noor Hisham said seven new clusters were detected, bringing the total of active clusters to 236, while the national Rt value remains at 0.99.

Other detailed information and the current situation regarding the infection and spread of Covid-19 in Malaysia can be found at the COVIDNOW website at https://covidnow.moh.gov.my. The data is updated every midnight. - Bernama

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

COVID-19 , new cases , recoveries , clusters

   

Next In Nation

Kedah cop claims trial to receiving RM2,500 bribe
Cops arrest senior citizen, three women in anti-prostitution raid in Johor
People want to see things done, says Perak MB
'Krepek ngaku' a Chinese New Year snack of choice
Environmentalist group claims Kelantan Forestry Dept's tiger statement a diversion tactic
Yumeat debuts innovation for delicious, health-conscious food alternatives
Ex-chief judge of Sabah, Sarawak Mohamad Jemuri Serjan passes away aged 92
Johor polls: Barisan using FB, TikTok to reach out to voters, says Dr Adham
Situation at Seri Kembangan landslide stable, says Fire and Rescue Department
Cops open probe into alleged CBT case, suspect missing since Sept 2020

Others Also Read


Vouchers