High Court judge furious at Najib's absence from 1MDB trial


  • Nation
  • Thursday, 19 Aug 2021

PUTRAJAYA, April 28 -- Former Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak arrived at the Court of Appeal today, for the hearing of his appeal against his conviction and jail sentence for misappropriation of RM42 million in SRC International funds. --fotoBERNAMA (2021) COPYRIGHT RESERVED

KUALA LUMPUR: High Court judge Justice Collin Lawrence Sequerah rebuked Datuk Seri Najib Razak (pic) as the former prime minister was absent in court for his 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB) trial on Thursday (Aug 19) morning.

Najib's lawyer Rahmat Hazlan informed the court that the Pekan MP, together with 114 other MPs, had been summoned to Istana Negara to confirm their support for Umno vice-president Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob as the new prime minister.

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

Najib Razak , 1MDB , Trial , High Court , Absent

   

Next In Nation

Azmin has a tendency to ‘micromanage’, says Amirudin
Muhyiddin should assist MACC to locate son-in-law, says Fahmi
Explain why Kelantan can’t resolve water woes, Anwar asks PAS, Perikatan
Company owners to be charged with fraud in Tawau
Vincent Tan, Berjaya Land file RM200mil suit against Sanusi
Kudat MMEA detains two Filipinos for ferrying controlled items without permit
State polls: Talk about bringing down Federal Govt will not aid economic recovery, says Nik Nazmi
State polls: Don't miss out opportunities for a better life, Zahid tells Kelantan folk
Sanusi sues Saifuddin over REE theft allegations
Ipoh cops on the hunt for car thieves

Others Also Read