Cops record statements from eight over tahnik ceremony for Siti Nurhaliza's second child


AMPANG: Police have recorded statements from eight individuals, including the organiser of the tahnik ceremony for the second child of singer Datuk Seri Siti Nurhaliza.

“We are still investigating the incident. We will call up other persons of interest in the case soon, ” Ampang Jaya OCPD Asst Comm Mohamad Farouk Eshak said when contacted on Tueaday (May 4).

It was reported that police had earlier detected an article on a news portal which reported on public dissatisfaction over the ceremony, which was held at the celebrity’s residence at Bukit Antarabangsa here.

“Several pictures were also posted with the article showing the attendance of a number of VVIPs and a renowned religious preacher.

“The article also stated that the VVIPs and preacher had attended the ceremony without police permits for interstate travel as they are staying outside Selangor, ” ACP Mohamad Farouk said.

He added that the article also claimed that the ceremony was conducted without complying with standard operating procedures (SOP).

“We have also received a report on the issue and investigations are ongoing under Rule 19 of the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Regulations 2021.

“The organiser of the ceremony has been identified and called up to have a statement recorded, ” he said, urging the public to be sensitive and comply with Covid-19 SOP.

He also advised the public to refrain from speculating on the case as investigations were still being carried out.

It was also reported that the singer and her husband Datuk Seri Khalid Mohamad Jiwa have denied claims that the ceremony for their second child had breached SOP.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Next In Nation

Penang CM urges Health Ministry to reconsider request for approval of vaccines from private company
Govt urged to work strategically to protect victims of domestic violence, sexual assault
Azri Ahmad appointed acting director at Bukit Aman
No extraordinary congestion on highways during Hari Raya, say cops
MPI’s press night postponed due to MCO 3.0
Parit Raja riot: Seven more arrested, bringing total to 27
Famous Penang laksa stall in Ayer Itam to close due to MCO
Covid-19 infections force Negri Sembilan water concessionaire to close HQ
MCO: DAP seeks to postpone its national congress
Hawker still paying an unfair price despite settling loan shark debts

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers