Recovery MCO extended to March 31, says Ismail Sabri


PETALING JAYA: The recovery MCO throughout the country has been extended from Friday (Jan 1) until March 31, says Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

He said the Health Ministry conducted risk assessments and found that cases were still increasing significantly.

"The government agreed to extend the recovery MCO nationwide except for Selangor, Kuala Lumpur and Sabah as well as other localities placed under conditional or enhanced MCO, ” he said.

He also said that the Kejora Juara workers’ hostel in Bukit Pasir, Muar, Johor has been placed under enhanced MCO from Jan 2 to Jan 15.

"The Westlite 1 and 2 workers' hostels in Senai, Johor will also be placed under enhanced MCO during the same time period.

"However, the enhanced MCO at Apartment Ria on Jalan Genting, Bentong, Pahang ends today," he said.

He also said 347 individuals were detained for violating the MCO with 337 of them issued compounds and 10 placed under remand.

The country has been under the MCO since March 18 last year due to the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Article type: free
User access status:

mco , ismail sabri yaakob , extension

   

Next In Nation

Increased chicken prices due to high feed cost, beyond govt control, says Kiandee
Time for Malaysia to develop its own vaccines, says Tok Mat
PM to reiterate Malaysia's stand to end Myanmar violence at Asean meet, says Hisham
Investors lose over RM500,000 in oil and gas investment scam
Cabinet to receive inter-ministerial note on cabotage issue
Covid-19: Two pupils at Klang Valley schools test positive
Veteran rocker Nash injured in accident on NSE
Ipoh cops arrest delivery rider, restaurant owner over brawl
Dhaya Maju LTAT fails to gain ownership of KVDT2 project site
Covid-19: Seven new clusters detected, four linked to community outbreaks

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers