KUALA LUMPUR: Police are still in the midst of determining if the dead man found in the middle of Jalan Bangsar was murdered.
So far, post-mortem results have not ruled out murder or that the man was run over by a heavy vehicle.
Brickfields OCPD Asst Comm Anuar Omar said initial investigations revealed that there were signs of blunt force trauma on the victim's body.
"For now, we can't ascertain whether the victim was murdered as there is a possibility that he could also have been the victim of a road accident.
"Our findings are based on the post-mortem conducted," he said when contacted on Saturday (Nov 21).
ACP Anuar also confirmed that the victim is believed to be a foreigner as there was no BCG (Bacillus Calmette-Guerin vaccine) jab mark on his arm.
"However, we have not ascertained his actual identity as there were no identification documents found on the body," he added.
He also urged those with information on the incident as well as the identity of the victim to come forward.
"Those who are missing a family member or a friend should contact the police as soon as possible as well," he added.
In a similar development, ACP Anuar called on the public to stop spreading photos of a man lying on the road with visible injuries to his neck and private parts.
"Those who are spreading wrong information on social media should stop too. Delete such photos if you receive it.
"Spreading such photos and false information could disrupt the investigation and we will take necessary actions against the perpetrators," he said.
The victim, in his 30s, was found lying in the middle of Jalan Bangsar at 5.38am on Thursday (Nov 19).
Did you find this article insightful?
53% readers found this article insightful